Top Social

iHerb iHaul

Monday 13 April 2015
Hiya guys I made some sneaky purchases before Easter so I thought I would share. I've also given them all a quick try before posting this so I can give you a little mini review at the same time. Fair warning it's mostly lip products as I was on the hunt to find some lip liners for my collection. 

First of all I got the ELF Lip Primer & Plumper ($3.00), I was a little sceptical of this but thought for 3 bucks I might as well try it out. The primer is basically a concealer but it does a better job than my actual concealer and the plumper is definitely cinnamon flavoured but I'm not too sure at the moment if it does it's job. I also grabbed a ELF Long-Wear Lipliner Pencil in Bitter ($1.99) which is a really nice deep purple colour perfect for my recent Topshop lipstick and glides on smoothly. Another Real Techniques brush for my collection, this time the Powder Brush ($9.99), I never knew brushes could get this fluffy - totally my new favourite brush! The ELF Lip Stain in Berry Blush ($2.99) I wasn't sure about either as the last time I tried a lip stain it didn't go very well but as this was in a pen form rather than a liquid I thought I'd give it a go. It surprised me actually, it goes on lightly but can be easily built up for the desired colour and really does stain the lips staying on all day. I've recently been using this as a base for my lipsticks which makes them more long lasting. I also picked up another ELF Pressed Powder in Porcelain ($3.00) as I've hit pan on my current one. This is my favourite powder so always need a back up! Lastly I bought some chewable iron tablets ($8.99, not photographed) for a bit of a pick me up. 


As my Mum was coming down for Easter I got her to grab me some Jordana products from our local store as they're cheaper than Wellington stores and there's actually more of a variety even though it's a tiny town. I got the Jordana Matte Lipstick in Cafe ($3.00) and although the only other Matte lipsticks I have from Jordana are browny colours this one's a much darker brown and I'm loving it! All the lipsticks are a really nice quality for their price, the colour lasting isn't huge but I find they personally work for me and how long I need it so I grabbed another regular Jordana Lipstick in Blackberry ($3.00). Then we have the couple of lipliners; Jordana Quickliners in Ruby Stone and Scarlet (each $4.00), really nice and smooth to draw with and I find a nice starting point for those starting out with lipliners (aka me) as they're not hugely permanent and can be easily removed and redone. Also grabbed a regular Jordana Lipliner in Chestnut ($3.00) which isn't as smooth as the quickliners but still does the job once it's been used once or twice. 

Finally we're done! I totally recommend Jordana and ELF for those wanting cheap make up


You can get $10 off your first shipment with the code CTP518! Have fun :)
Post Comment
Post a Comment