Top Social

We're hauling makeup by the boxful

Friday 27 February 2015

After having some extra money left over from Christmas I thought I should really spend it on something I wanted and didn't really need as otherwise I'd just spend it on food and then it wouldn't seem special. So I went shopping for some make up products I'd been wanting for a while.  

First of all I went to the local make up sale which happens randomly throughout the year. I specifically went as early as I could seen as most of the good stuff gets sold quickly, most importantly the EOS Lipbalms which was top of my wishlist. I've heard so many good things about them and being in NZ they're either found at these sales or online for millions of dollars. I got mine in Lemon Drop as Lemon is my favourite flavour in like anything. I also got the new Maybelline Falsies Big Eyes as I went looking for the regular The Falsies but decided to try something new. The Revlon Colourstay Moisture Stain in Barcelona Nights is another on the top of my wishlist however I didn't prepare enough before going and actually got the wrong shade (I wanted Parisian Passion) although the more I've been using it the more I like it. 

As I hadn't spent as much as I thought I would I went online to Feel Unique and splurged a bit on some new lip products. Rimmel Apocalips lip lacquers have been around for a while and I've been longing for one since then and I finally have one, in Stellar to be specific. I've also really been longing after some Topshop makeup and with their recent Christmas products on sale I lept at the chance. I picked up a Mini Lip Bullet in Joyride, and a regular Lipstick in Beguiled which I got after a recommendation from Kate (DollyBowBow) on YouTube. I also got a Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick in Coral In Gold which is more sheer than the others and for a more laid back make up day. 

I also popped onto the Xtras website and got myself a W7 Eyeliner pen to try out as I've recently been trying to get back into liquid eyeliner. I've been finding this easier to use than my regular liquid brush liner being able to use it as a felt tip and use the thin tip or thick full nib. 

That's all that I hauled in, I may do more of a review of some of the products at some stage once I've properly tried them, if you want any specific ones let me know in the comments. So far my favourites include the Revlon Moisture Stain and the Topshop Lipstick in Beguiled which I totally recommend!